These Amendments were made taking into account the experience of successful implementation of the E-visa project in order to optimize current visa procedures and to develop the centralized system of visa issuance further.
The Amendments provide:
- cancellation of issuance of the 15 days one-entry touristic/business visas at border crossing points (so-called “visas upon arrival”), available for foreigners holding passports of Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, China (PRC), Dominica (the Commonwealth), El Salvador, Guatemala, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia (FSM), New Zealand, Oman, Palau, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Seychelles, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu;
- increase of the E-visa fee from 65 to 85 US dollars;
- extension of the list of grounds for E-visas (of purposes). New grounds are introduced in addition to tourist and business purposes: private purpose, medication purpose, for carrying out activities in the fields of culture, science, education, sports, for representatives of mass media.
These Amendments entry into force on 01.01.2019.
The Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs started issuing electronic visas (E-Visa) for entry into Ukraine
On 04 of April Ministry of Foreign Affairs started on-line registration of foreigners for electronic visas (e-Visa) for entry into Ukraine with a business or tourist purposes (http://evisa.mfa.gov.ua).
As for 16.11.2018: Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Barbados, Bahrain, Bolivia, Bhutan, Vanuatu, Haiti, Guatemala, Honduras, Greenland, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Cambodia, Qatar, Costa Rica, Kuwait, Laos, Mauritius, Malaysia, Maldives, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Oman, Palau, Peru, El Salvador, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Fiji, Jamaica.
E-Visa is a completely new project for Ukraine, which is being implemented in our country for the first time in order to modernize existing procedures in the visa sphere.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has developed the most simplified process of obtaining an e-Visa, which, at the same time, allows for effective migration control.
To fill out an e-Visa you need to take a few simple steps without leaving your home:
To enter Ukraine, it is necessary to print out electronic visa which was e-mailed to you and present it with the passport to border guard services of Ukraine (e-Visa is valid in international check-points).
Benefits of e-Visa:
- Remote submission of documents at any convenient time and receipt of an e-Visa without the need to visit a consular office;
- The possibility of online tracking of registration status of the e-Visa;
- Centralized registration of all e-visas in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- Continuous information support for applicants on [email protected];
- Processing time - up to 9 business days;
- Fee - $ 65 USD (from 01.01.2019 - $ 85 USD;
- The term of validity – single entry for up to 30 days.
E-Visa is characterized by effectiveness and reliability. E-visa essentially simplifies the visa formalities for those who wish to visit Ukraine and receives approval review from the users.
During the first 6 months of e-visa system’s functioning more than 9000 of foreigners used the opportunity to apply for e-visa.
Taking into consideration the successful experience of e-visa system’s work, it is planned to increase the number of ground for e-visa (of visit purposes), and the list of countries whose citizens can apply for such visa.
From 01.01.2019 e-visas will be issued for visits to Ukraine:
- with a business purpose;
- with a private purpose;
- with a touristic purpose;
- with a purpose of treatment;
- with a purpose of carrying out activities in the fields of culture, science, education, sports;
- to the representatives of international mass-media with the purpose of official duties’ performance.