Romanian journalists are invited to take part in the 5-day visit to Ukraine in June, 2019, and receive first-hand information on the situation in Ukraine. The purpose of the visit is to increase the level of awareness of the Romanian state and independent media about the process of European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine, to obtain objective and complete information on the progress / success of the state reform on the way of European and Euro-Atlantic integration, institutions and processes of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU, participation of Ukraine in the multilateral format of the Eastern Partnership policy, as well as the actions of the Ukrainian government and civil society in de-occupation of Donbass and Crimea. Additional purpose of the visit is to develop contacts and effective communication of the Romanian journalists with the Ukrainian peers. The trip will include meetings with high-ranking Ukrainian officials in Kyiv and staying in the east of the country.
Agenda of introductory visit
The visit will take place in June, 2019 and include 2 stages:
Stay in Kyiv (3 days):
1) Meetings with the representatives of (the list is tentative and is the subject to confirmation)
- Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine;
- Office of the Vice Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine;
- Government Office for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration;
- Civic Synergy Project, Ukrainian side of the Ukraine-EU Civil Society Platform, Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (level of deputy minister or head of relevant department);
- Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (level of deputy minister or head of relevant department);
- Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine (level of deputy minister or head of relevant department);
- State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting (members of the Council), Public Television;
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and relevant committees (chairman / deputy chairman of the committee);
- Embassy of Romania in Ukraine;
- Ukrainian Institute of National Memory;
- Reanimation Package of Reforms (Initiative Council) and other non-government initiatives;
- mass media (television, radio).
Stay in the eastern Ukraine (2 days):
2) The program of the visit in the eastern of Ukraine is as follows:
- meeting with representatives of the administration of liberated cities;
- visiting social infrastructure places;
- meetings with civic activists;
- visiting a military facility / staying in a demarcation zone.
Working language of all meetings will be English.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please fill in the Google Form https://goo.gl/QFjh5E before April 21, 2019.
Participants will be selected by the Selection Committee including representatives of the Foreign Policy Council «Ukrainian Prism», Civic Synergy Project, the Embassy of Ukraine in Romania and the Embassy of Romania in Ukraine.
Selected participants will be notified after April 25, 2019.
The organizers cover all visit related costs for the participants:
1. Return airline tickets to Kyiv from Romania (local transport at your home country is not included)
2. Accommodation (single room in a hotel) and board.
3. Ground transportation during the whole stay, including train to the east of Ukraine.
For details, please contact:
Yevheniy Romanenko, manager of the project, Foreign Policy Council «Ukrainian Prism», [email protected].
EU-funded Civic Synergy Project
Ukrainian National Platform of the EaP Civil Society Forum
International Renaissance Foundation
Embassy of Romania in Ukraine
Embassy of Ukraine in Romania
Experts for Security and Global Affairs (Romania)
The Foreign Policy Council «Ukrainian Prism»
The visit is being organised with support of the European Union and the International Renaissance Foundation within the framework of the Civic Synergy Project and under the auspices of the Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum.